Today was J.T.'s Hoops for Heart fundraiser! He had an awesome time learning the fundamentals of basketball. I was a little nervous, to begin with, as the first couple of shots were no where close to the net. After a while, he really started to get the hang of it. Surprising, because he really doesn't shoot a basketball all that much.
Getting ready to start!
After some warm-up shots, they started out with dribbling skills.
Wyatt Chill-laxing!
Zoe passing the time!
Seeing how many baskets we can make...J.T. made 20
Toward the end, the coach decided to let this bunch of kids play 5 on 5. Let me just say that not a lot of these kids have ever played the game before and there was no supervision to begin with. I thought I was watching a football game with all the tackling that was going on. At one point, there was a massive pileup of 10 kids on the ground when the coach finally noticed and pointed them in what was close to the right directions. The video was taken after the coach came around!
No comments:
Post a Comment